Friday, April 18, 2008

Tuesday Tell All (One Day Late)

What makes you laugh?




It has been interesting the past couple of days to think about what makes me laugh. I mean I obviously laugh, but I had to stop and think about what makes me laugh. So here is what I discovered:
  • I laugh with my husband. One of the things I love about Rick is his ability to make me laugh. I tend to be a more serious person and he is able to bring my "fun" side out. He is always able to see the “funny” side of a situation and helps to lighten up miserable situations. One of the funniest days of my life was when Rick had hand surgery. Rick under anesthesia is hilarious. During surgery he kept trying to hook up his nurse and the anesthesiologist. Let’s just say he entertained the whole surgery team. He was still “under the influence” as we were driving home and was cracking jokes the whole way. I have never laughed so hard my entire life.
  • I tend to laugh at myself. I do silly things, many times without trying to, and I found it is just easier to laugh at myself. For example, I walk into walls. I’m not blind, I just think that I am usually not paying attention to where I am going and so somehow end up in a wall. I also sometimes say things without thinking and give my family more ammunition to tease me with. Their favorite is from when my mom and I were driving me up to BYU to attend school. Somewhere in the middle of Utah my mom was driving and I woke up from a nap. I looked out the window then turned to my mom and said, “Those look like ugly dogs.” My mom looked at me and said, “Those are sheep. Don’t you know what sheep look like?” Well apparently growing up in the city I didn’t have many opportunities to see sheep so I guess the answer is “no”. Needless to say I have yet to live this down even though it was seven years ago!
  • I don’t find other’s embarrassment funny and sometimes make Rick change the channel on the TV if it is too awkward, but I do love the Office. Sometimes I cringe, but it is like a car wreck, you can’t look away. I love Jim’s antics and how un-PC Michael is. I am so glad this has started again.
  • I love the try-outs for reality shows. I don’t like to watch the reality shows, but I laugh so hard at the “try-outs”. People tend to take themselves so seriously and have such unrealistic views of their talent and are so shocked when they don’t make it, that I have to laugh. Now I am sure there are some things about myself that I have an unrealistic view on, but I don’t go on national television to make a spectacle of myself. The most memorable one I remember was “Sex” (as he preferred to be called) on So You Think You Can Dance. I can still crack myself up thinking about his try-out.

These are just a few things that I came up with that make me laugh. If you have a moment let me know what makes you laugh.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for Sharing!

Nanci said...

I wish that I had a funny story. My mother-in-law has a ton of them! I really like your sheep story, you will have to share that one with your kids.

Caitlan said...

haha i love that ugly dog story haha!!! Dont worry we still love you though!!!