Friday, April 25, 2008

Tuesday Tell All - Hometown Favorites

With as much as I love Mesa, I still consider San Diego my hometown. These are my favorite places in San Diego to:

grab lunch: Pat & Oscars


They have the most delicious breadsticks that I have ever had and I love their salads. My favorite is the Lemon Chicken Greek Salad. Whenever we are in town this is someplace that we always stop by to eat at. Of course we always try to find a way to bring a bag of breadsticks home with us also!

go for Date night: Seaport Village

Lots of fun shops to explore right on the bay. It is so fun to walk around and look through the shops. There is also a restaurant that has a balcony that looks over the bay as well.
grab some creative goodies: Cool Scrapbook Stuff
Yes, that is the name of the store, and they really do have cool stuff.
keep the kids busy:

As I don't have kids I can't really say, but some of my favorites growing up were the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Sea World, and of course the beach.
get wet: the beach

It doesn't matter which beach we go to, they are all my favorites. Of course it helps that my parents live 10 minutes from Torrey Pines. I love to lay on the beach and read a book. I was so sad to move away and try to go as often as we can when we visit.

buy a treat: Moo Time


This is on Coronado and is the best ice cream ever!

shop for fun: Carlsbad outlets


Crate and Barrel outlet, what else do you need?

get some fresh air: Balboa Park
It is so fun to walk around and see the different museums and in the spring the gardens are gorgeous.
splurge: Container Store
There is so much to splurge on when I am there but I love to shop at the Container Store. I can spend hours in there.
drive for a weekend away: Disneyland

This is always funny to me since most people go to San Diego for a weekend away, but we did always enjoy going up north to Anaheim to go to Disneyland. It really is one of the happiest places on earth!

4 comments:

Emily said...

San Diego sounds like such a fun place to grow up! You're one lucky duck!

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Mmmm... Moo Time. I've been there. You're right, they do have the best ice cream ever! I love San Diego, too. I obviously haven't been there quite as much as you, but I do love the times I have gone. It very well could be the best place to vacation.

Kathy and Levi said...

I was so happy to come across your blog especially things to do in San Diego. Levi and I are going this month and you gave me some great ideas of what to do!
p.s. I miss you and Teresa as visiting teachers. I don't think I will ever get any better ones than you two!

Caitlan said...

Haha aren't I so lucky I still live here and now I can drive to all of those places!!! But now I just need a friend everywhere with and more importantly the time haha!!! I miss and love you