Sunday, April 20, 2008

Peppersauce

We decided to go camping this weekend with Todd and Emily and Steve and Amanda.  We drove down to Peppersauce and set up our tents:
Then we decided to build a fire and Steve helped us out with his Boy Scout skills.  Look how pretty:
  After a nice night of chatting around the campfire, and with only a few interruptions throughout the night, we had a nice rest.  In the morning Steve and Amanda made us delicious breakfast burritos at the crack of dawn.  Thanks guys!
Emily and Todd waking up by the fire:
Rick playing with fire.  It's a good thing he is a Junior Fire Marshall!
After breakfast we packed up and drove up to the cave.  We got our flashlights out and crawled right in.  Here we are waiting for our turn to go down the ladder to the water:
Christie and Rick
Emily and Todd
Amanda and Steve
At one point the boys all climbed up and popped out this hole for us to take a picture.  Of course my husband would be the one draping himself over the hole in the "ceiling" to give his wife a heart attack! 
We made it out!
Look how dirty we are!
Emily, Amanda, and Christie
Rick, Todd, and Steve
We had a lot of fun "adventuring" all over the cave.  We then went back to the campsite, devoured sub sandwiches that Emily and Todd brought us, then drove home for a much needed shower!  Thanks for a great time guys!

7 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! The last time Jeff and I went spelunking was before we were married. I don't even know if we were engaged yet. It looks like you all enjoyed yourselves. I'm glad you got to have fun with family before you move.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

So much fun!! I am glad that you brought your camera because goodness knows that I always forget. I still have that red spot on the top of my head from when I hit it in the cave, it hurts to wash my hair. Next time I will remember not to look up while in a small compartment of a cave. I think I did it twice. Great fun!

Nanci said...

That looks a lot like Oracle cave that Will and I climbed inside of many moons ago. Soak up all that family fun while you can!

Kira said...

scary!!! You are so brave to go into dark confined spaces! :-)

Emily said...

Oh! I thought I commented already, but I guess not! Well, what I thought I had said was... we seriously had just an awesome time. Thanks for everything! My favorite part was probably when Todd & Rick took big tree branches and Steve took huge rock to throw at a bob cat if it came into camp. oh man - good times!

Caitlan said...

Wow that seems like a blast!!! I want to go camping... I haven't been in forever!!!

Jeffrey McConnell said...

Way fun! It looks like you guys had a blast! How are we gonna go camping together with you all the way Indiana??? I'm excited to see you both in a couple of weeks!