Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One of those days...

Seriously? Ok, I know I am crabby today, but it has turned into one of those days where EVERYTHING is driving me nuts.

To start with I woke up with a migraine today. I hate migraines! Unfortunately this is a result of the birth control I am taking, which I have to continue taking for health reasons, and so there is not really much I can do. Well unless I want to try to get pregnant which I really am not sure about (see previous post) so I continue taking the birth control; and wake up with migraines. This morning it was a bawl my eyes out as I get ready for work type of morning. I seriously considered taking the day off, like look at my phone and tried to remember my boss’ number type of considered it…except we are busy and I am taking Friday afternoon off so I dragged myself into work, albeit I was 15 minutes late, but I made it.

Now that I am here, yes I am typing this while at work (naughty, naughty, but not sure I care) I am wondering why I did this to myself. We are busy at work. The temperature has started rising here in sunny Arizona and so everyone and their mother and their bother and their dog is ordering air conditioning. Not that I can blame them, but I have never figured out why they wait until it is hot. So besides the fact that we are busy and my inbox keeps growing no matter how fast I work, we are also training two new people. One of which is wonderful. He works hard, tries to figure out what is going on by himself, and is doing a great job. The other is driving me nuts. I have a few personal pet peeves, which I understand are my personal issues, but she seems to do all of them, at once! She stands and looks over my shoulder as I work and then when I try to explain to her what I am doing she consistently cuts me off. This wouldn’t be so bad if she cut me off with some meaningful question about what it is that I am doing, but it is always a “right”, “I see”, “ok”. But she doesn’t see and ten minutes later I have to explain it again because she didn’t listen the first time. Which means that my inbox continues to keep growing.

I am also crabby about this whole “moving” thing. Don’t get me wrong, I am so proud of my husband that I could burst. I am so excited for him to move on with his education and I am thrilled that he has the chance to go to school so that he can have the career that he wants. I don’t understand why he wants to be a dentist since I do everything possible to avoid going to the dentist and my eyes tend to glaze over whenever he tells me something “interesting” that he has learned, but since this is what he wants that means I will do everything possible to help him achieve it. This includes moving to Indiana. Not that I have anything against Indiana, as I have never been there, but I can’t say I am looking forward to moving there. (They don't have a beach, at least Mesa is close enough that I can visit the beach!) Unfortunately, or fortunately, whichever way you want to look at it, everything keeps falling into place. The latest is that one of my co-workers is in Clarksville for training and met someone from the Indianapolis office who mentioned that they are looking for someone to fill the same position that I have here only for the Indianapolis office. She passed on my name and the Indianapolis office has now contacted me. I should be ecstatic, right? I hate looking for jobs, applying, and then trying to “sell” myself, but I can’t seem to generate any enthusiasm over this. Hmmm…anyone want to pack up my belongings, find an apartment and move across the country for me? I would really appreciate it!

The bright side of my day is that I got an email that a book I want to read is available for me to pick up from the Tempe Library. I can’t wait to get home from work to lie out in the sun and read.

Thanks for letting me vent!

3 comments:

Nanci said...

I was beginning to wonder if your co-worker was looking over your shoulder while you were typing the post. On the mission I would say to people that were talking too much or not listening at all..."let me ask you a question" it always stopped them in their tracks when they were babbling about nonsense. You could try it sometime. I hate to say this but on our last move I had major migraines on a weekly basis. It's that whole stress thing. I feel your pain. Just try to do what you can and then take breaks with Rick and try not to worry about all of those details. That's really cool about the job in IN. You have a lot going on right now....force yourself to relax and it will all just work out. You will like IN and it will be a neat experience for you and Rick to kind of be away from everything that is familiar.

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

I agree completely with Nanci when she said it will be a neat experience being away from everything familiar. I also had a coworker like yours who I was trying to train. It's so frustrating! I just wanted to give you big hugs after reading your post. It does seem like everything is falling into place for you though. That's really a blessing. I wish you both the best of luck with everything. Feel better soon!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh wow Christie, Just think soon enough you wont be there anymore. I agree with the moving thing. Indiana is up north and neither of you have lived up there. It will be totally new for the both of you. I am excited for you. I hope your week gets better.