Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend in San Diego

This Memorial Day weekend we spent time with my whole family in San Diego.  We flew in Thursday night and hung out with my parents and siblings while eating a yummy dinner from Rodrigos.  I hope they have "real" Mexican food in Indiana.  Late Thursday night my brother Jeff and his wife Camille drove in from Costa Mesa.

On Friday, Caitlan and Brett had to go to school so while they were gone the boys went to go see Iron Man at the movies and Camille, my Mom, and I went to the salon for pedicures.  It was heaven.  We also stopped by Bread Bites on the way home.  Yummy!  That afternoon we all watched "So You Think You Can Dance".  We had flight issues the night before so Caitlan had tapped it for us.  It was so good.  I am so excited for this season.  Rick and I also had to run to Wal-mart to pick up a few things that had been forgotten at home so we also picked up a few kites to play with for the weekend.

Saturday we played with the kites in the middle of the street for a little bit.  It was a good thing it was a little stormy for the weekend so we had lots of great wind.  We went bowling as a family also and found out that Rick and my Mom are the bowlers of the family.  After bowling we went for dinner at Outback.  Yum!  (seeing a trend?  I think I might have a small obsession with food!)  We then went back and relaxed in the hot tub until my sister Stacee and my nephew Jeffrey arrived.  We haven't seen Jeffrey since he was 6 months (he is now two) and so we are so glad they could come visit.  It took him a little while to warm up to us but it was still great to see him.

Sunday was church in the morning and then in the afternoon we went to fly the kites on the beach.  It was perfect weather and it was fun to watch Jeffrey explore the ocean and the sand.

Monday we went to the San Diego Zoo in the morning and then took pictures at Poway Park.  Since we had everyone in town we decided we needed a family picture done and then we took a few pictures of our own.  It was a great weekend and we were so glad to spend time with my family before we move away.

Little Jeffrey showing Uncle Rick what he really thought of him.  Just kidding, this is his "catching" hand for playing ball.
Aunt Christie and Jeffrey playing with the fire truck.
Learning how to blow on the pinwheel.
Giving him a taste of cream soda.  Mama was so happy with us.
Camille and Jeff.
Mom, Camille, and Jeff at the bowling alley.
Rick showing off his stuff.
Dad, Brett, Mom, and Camille.
Mom and Dad at Poway Park
Brett at Poway Park
Jeffrey and Stacee
Christie and Rick
Jeffrey and his sticks that he did not want to let go of.
Stacee and Mom
Dad and Jeffrey

1 comment:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

I almost missed this one because I had to click "older posts" to see it. It looks like you guys had a good time in San Diego. I love it there. It looks surprisingly cold, though. But still fun.