Sunday, November 11, 2007

Counting My Blessings


I decided to try to take my sister-in-law's example and Elder Eyring's advice. In his talk in the October Conference he said, "Before I would write, I would ponder this question: “Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done." So every Sunday I am going try to remember some of the blessings that I have been given.

The blessing I have been thinking about the most today is my wonderful husband. For some reason I tend to get migraines, especially on Sundays. Unfortunately, I had one this morning, and instead of complaining my husband has learned how to take care of me, and is so sweet about it. He gets my medicine, a warm washcloth for my head and takes care to keep the lights and sound as low as possible. He also doesn't complain when we are a few minutes late for church because I get up late and take longer to get ready. I love that he tries so hard to make me feel better. He does so much for me but today I am grateful for how well he takes care of me. He has been the biggest blessing in my life and I am so grateful to have him as my husband.

No comments: