Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why Ethan now sleeps in a toddler bed...

Ethan is now sleeping in a toddler bed.  We weren't planning on making this transition any time soon…actually we were thinking next summer after we moved would be a great time.  He had other ideas.  One day I came into his room to get him up from a nap and found this:


Somehow he had filled his crib with books and wipes.  The books I could understand as I had left the box of books next to his crib and it was easy to see how he could pull them through the slats.  The wipes…I had NO clue how he had gotten a hold of them.  So being the wonderful mother that I am, I ran downstairs, grabbed the camera, ran back upstairs, then asked him to show me how he got the wipes.   He was so kind as to show me this: 


Apparently he would climb up on the rail then reach over to the wipe dispenser on the changing table.


Gotta love those wipes!  That was not all though.  You see it is hard to balance on the rail and grab the wipes so he decided he might as well go all the way over and just climb onto the changing table.


Apparently he really wanted those baby wipes.  Well all this climbing of furniture took a couple of years off of my life and after a few days of discovering him in places I was not okay with, we decided to move his furniture around, undoing the completely nice arrangement in his room, so that he couldn't climb from one piece to the next.  That did not stop my monkey.


He just pulled that bottom drawer out and climbed up that way.  See the wipes on the chair?  Do you know how many we went through during this week?  We ended up having to convert his crib to a toddler bed, take the chair, wipes, and the green basket of baby items on his changing table out of his room.  Now he has no reason to climb and after a dreadful week of transition, Ethan now sleeps in a toddler bed.

3 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

I fear for the day that Connor does this. He already pulls diapers off of the changing table, but they're right next to the crib. Ethan is a great monkey.

Kira said...

he's smarter than Landon. With Landon we just heard climb climb ... THUMP!

cute room!!!

Nanci said...

Bummer. He looks so cute in each picture that you took of him.