Sunday, January 4, 2009

Spending time with the McConnells!

We were blessed to be able to spend two weeks in San Diego with my family over the Christmas break.  We got to enjoy good company, great food, and wonderful weather.  Luckily for about a week we had the whole family there and it was great to see everyone. P.S.  Thanks to Jeff for letting me borrow some of his pictures.

Over Thanksgiving, my brother Jeff threw Brett into the pool.  This is Brett and Caitlan getting revenge on Jeff and Camille's car.
Before Christmas we went to Old Town to eat then we went to the San Diego Temple to look at the lights and to listen to the singers.  The music was beautiful and the lights were gorgeous!  (Don't mind Rick's funny face, I think he was a little cold!)

After Christmas, we took Caitlan to the mall to get her ears pierced.  No tears or anything!  Just kidding, Cait didn't even flinch.  I'm telling you, that girl is tough!
Of course we also had to take a trip to the San Diego Auto Show since it was going on while we were in town.  Rick and I went with Brett, Caitlan, and my Dad.  We all had our favorites and it was fun to look at all of the different cars.  We even got to test drive a few Toyotas on their 4x4 course.  Rick took Cait and I for a ride in a Tundra (one of my favorites) and my Dad drove Brett in the FJ Cruiser (one of Brett's favorites).  It was a blast!
The trip wouldn't be complete without a picture of Rick in "his" Corvette!

4 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

You guys did tons of fun stuff! 2 weeks off of work (and in San Diego) must've been heaven; but then a drag to go back to work. I bet Rick would've loved to take that Corvette home.

Peter and Mandy said...

First of all yay you put up a post!!! And Secondly I love all the pictures and hearing about what you've been up to. Sounds like you had a great time.

Aaron and Devon said...

I think I have a very similar picture of you and I scran-wrapping Jeff's car too! Ahhh, memories! Also, the picture of the temple is just beautiful.

Kira said...

seeing the seran-wrapped car brings back sooooooo many memories of our glory days together! PQ Packers all the way baby!!!!!!!